Thursday, December 29

Love ... another four letter word !!

When you are in this world, you are judged based on umpteen traits, achievements, success, failure, broken limbs, glasses, marital status, children, parents and the list will go on and on and on. We even judge you based on your name, your surname. This is what leads you to take decisions which you wouldn’t have, if you didn’t have the fear of society. The other day, I had a discussion with someone on twitter. He tweeted; “need help in regards to love or marriage”. I replied back, the conversation started. He mentioned he cannot marry his girlfriend because she is from a different caste and his father is orthodox. I suggested him to still speak to his parents and man up! Eventually, I angered up and he stopped replying. Perhaps he had logged out. Next day, he mentioned his father is a heart patient and he does not wish to take chances. Hence, he would silently suffer, let the girl know of his situation and move on.

The truth is, nobody moves on !!!!! Nobody.....
The life moves on but you do not. The people who say they move on, I would like to look them in the eye and talk over a drink. I really would. How cruel are we as society, as human beings! At times, I feel dogs are better than us. They enjoy each bitch and lead a dog’s life. We do the same behind the closed doors. Just for a lifelong jhooti izzat /namesake reputation/ we keep dying every day. Some die without love, some for love and some because they do not know what love is. It’s hard to tell who suffers the most.

I have been through various phases in this little life that I have. First, I wanted to live for myself., Then in an imaginary family that I wanted with certain someone, Then, I wanted to live for a family. Then, I wanted to live. Then, I wanted to live for materials. I was really happy when I was only living for materials. It’s very easy and convenient to live such a life. You earn, you earn some more and you buy, you buy some more. If you wish to earn money and live for money, you will have a much happier life. The problem starts, when you do not wish to live for money, you wish to live for love. Love cannot be bought with money; love cannot be bought with the reputation you keep building throughout your life, love cannot be forced, love cannot be taught, love can only be felt and if you don’t know what love is, then you will, I hope you do one day, someday.

Today, I live for myself. Money, love, family, blah, all these fancy words do not affect me anymore. It’s a state of mind that I never thought I would be in. I was a materialistic person. However, now, I am happy with whatever wordplay I do every day. Love, a four letter word, that I have started hating. I hate it because I have seen so many people suffer. In the name of god, in the name of family, in the name of religion, in the name of love they have to surrender themselves to something so shallow. They have to choose between insanity and love, and yet, they choose insanity. Insanity that this world feeds on, insanity that makes you suffer, insanity that drives you where you never wanted to be.

Why are they afraid to let you be? Who are they to judge you, for you being you? Who are they to decide or change your priorities? Who are they?

I wish I had the answers. And whatever I have penned down, I wish I implement in my own life!

3 comments:

  1. http://anoopborkar.blogspot.com/2011/07/live-and-let-live.html

    I think this would suffice as my comments and how I "+1" your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truth is, nobody moves on !!!!! Nobody.....

    The line says all buddy, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for a lifelong jhooti izzat /namesake reputation/ we keep dying every day.

    very well said...

    ReplyDelete